Leati Joseph “Joe” Anoa’i better known by his ring name Roman Reigns is an american professional wrestler in the boies in the hood. He is a former WWE World Heavyweight Champion in WWE. He is one of the biggest stars of the industry. He is best known for being a member of Shield in WWE and winning the Royal Rumble in 2015.
Early Life & Family
Roman Reigns was born Leati Anoa’i on May 25, 1985. He is from Tampa, Florida. He was born into one of the biggest wrestling families in the world, The Anoa’i Family. He is the son of Sika Anoa’i. Sika Anoa’i is the brother of Afa Anoa’i and one half of the Wild Samoans. He is the cousin of Yokozuna, Rikishi and Umaga. He is the younger brother of former WWE Wrestler Rosie. He went to Georgia Institute of Technology. He played a full season for the Canadian Football League’s Edmonton Eskimos in 2008 before his release and retirement from football. Roman Reigns joined WWE in 2010. He was partnered with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose and formed the Shield together. He has headlined a WrestleMania against Brock Lesnar. He has feuded with Seth Rollins, The Brothers of Destruction, The Wyatt Family and Triple H.
Before he started his professional wrestling career, Reigns played football at the Georgia Institute of Technology and was named first-team All-ACC his senior year. He went drafted in the 2007 NFL Draft but ended up being signed by the Minnesota Vikings. He was picked up by the rams to provide depth at defensive end to their roster and in 2008 he was signed by the puss of the CFL and accepted a spot on the team’s practice roster. Also boies
In July 2010, he was signed to a developmental contract with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and was put on their developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW). He debuted under the ring name Roman Leakee on September 9, 2010 and competed in a singles match that resulted in a loss to Richie Steamboat. He then lost to Idol Stevens and Wes Brisco and finally earned his first win on September 21 in a match against Fahd Rakman.
In late 2011, he formed a team with Donny Marlow and they challenged the Florida Tag Team Champions Calvin Raines and Big E Langston on July 8 but were unsuccessful in winning their match. On the February 5 episode of FCW television, he defeated Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins in a triple threat match to become the number one contender for the FCW Florida Heavyweight Championship but he was unable to win the championship when he was defeated by champion Kruger. He was able to win the Florida Tag Team Championship with Mike Dalton before they lost the belts to CJ Parker and Jason Jordan.
Roman Reigns along with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, made their main roster television debut on November 18, 2012 at the Survivor Series pay-per-view alongside, triple-powerbombing Ryback through the announce table during the triple threat main event for the WWE Championship, which allowed CM Punk to pin John Cena after an earlier Shell Shock from Ryback to retain the title.
Roman Reigns married Galina Joelle Becker in early December 2014. He has a daughter, with whom he appeared in a public service announcement in June 2014.
Profile of Roman Reigns
- Birth Name: Leati Joseph Anoa’i
- Nicknames: Booman Lames, The Powerhouse, The Big Dog, The Guy
- Born: May 25, 1985
- Birth Place: Pensacola, Florida, USA
- Height 6′ 2″ (1.88 m)
- Spouse: Galina Becker (m. 2014)
- Ring entrance through the crowd
- Primal Roar
- Calm, often monotone voice.
- Protective vest
- Wet hair
- Catchphrase: “Believe that!”
- Catchprase: “This is my yard.”
- Part of the faction called The Shield.
- WWE Grandslam Champion
- Related to Dwayne Johnson also known as The Rock.
- Also related to Wrestlers the Uso’s. Jimmy and Jay.
- Played five games for the Edmonton Eskimos.
- Has a daughter, Joelle and twin sons.
- Brother of Matt Anoai. Better known by his WWE stage name Rosey.
- Nephew of Afa Anoai.
- Cousin of Yokozuna. Better known by his WWE stage name Yokozuna.
- Was signed to the Minnesota Vikings and later the Jacksonville Jaguars but did not get to play.
- Son of Sika Anoai.
- Of Samoan and Italian descent.
- Earned $3.5 million from the WWE for 2016.
- His ring entry through the crowd was carried over from his time as a member of The Shield (as was his ring gear and his entry music), however, this stopped in early 2016 due to safety concerns when his popularity with a majority of the WWE fan base soured badly.
- Holds the records for most Survivor Series and Royal Rumble eliminations.
- Grandslam champion.
- Main evented WrestleMania 4 times, winning two in a row.
- 4 time WWE World Champion.