Gary Oldman was born on 21 March 1958 in London, England. Basically, he is an actor. Also, he is a filmmaker and musician. He has worked with many of Hollywood’s greatest filmmakers as like as Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Ridley Scott, Oliver Stone, Quentin Tarantino, Robert Zemeckis, and Francis Ford Coppola. His film debut was Remembrance (1982). Sid Vicious in Sid and Nancy, Joe Orton in Prick Up Your Ears, Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK, Count Dracula in Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Drexl Spivey in True Romance, Norman Stansfield in Léon: The Professional, Ludwig van Beethoven in Immortal Beloved, Sirius Black in The Harry Potter series, James Gordon in Nolan’s Batman trilogy, and George Smiley in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy are some of his grand roles.
His parents Leonard Bertram Oldman, a former sailor and Kathleen. Gary attended West Greenwich School in Deptford. When he left the school he was only 16 years old. After leaving the school he worked in a sports shop. He was an ingenious singer and pianist although a child gave up his musical aspirations to pursue an acting career after seeing Malcolm McDowell’s performance in the 1970 film The Raging Moon. In a 1995 interview with Charlie Rose. Gary said:
“Something about Malcolm just arrested me, and I connected, and I said, ‘I wanna do that’.
In 1994 Oldman settled into a relationship with actress and model Isabella Rossellini. The couple were rumored to be engaged in July 1994 but separated two years later. Gary’s career continued to roll forward In the 2000s took shape. The actor took on roles in a different of films, from the Harry Potter series to the Batman franchise, to lending his voice to the animated science fiction movie Planet 51 (2009).
Profile of Gary Oldman
- Name: Leonard Gary Oldman
- Other Names: Gary Oldman, Gaz
- Born: March 21, 1958
- Star Sign: Aries
- Birth Place: New Cross, London, England, United Kingdom
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Brown
- Education: West Greenwich School, Rose Bruford College
- Profession: Actor, Director, Producer, Writer, Music
- Years Active: 1979 to Present
- Citizenship: British citizen
- Language: English
Family of Gray Oldman
- Parents: Leonard Bertram Oldman & Kathleen
- Spouse(s): Lesley Manville (1987 – 1989); Uma Thurman (1990 – 1992); Donya Fiorentino (1997 – 2001); Alexandra Edenborough (2008 – Present)
- Children: Alfie Oldman ( 1988); Gulliver Flynn (b. 20 August 1997); Charlie John (b. 11 February 1999)
- Sister: Laila Morse