Prosenjit Chatterjee is a Bengali film actor. He has acted in more than 300. Bengali feature films till date as a hero for the past 30 years. Proshenjit is the only son of Bengali actor Biswajeet Chatterjee. He was born at Calcutta on 30 September 1962. His fans affectionately called him Bumba Da. He made his debut as hero in Duti Pata (1983), a teenage romance along the lines of Bobby. But Prosenjit Chatterjee debuted on the silver screen with ‘Chhoto Jiggasha‘ When he was just 4 years old.
He has married to Arpita Pal since 2002. They have one child. He was previously married to Debashree Roy.
- Name: Prasenjit Chatterjee
- Other Name: Bumba, Prosenjit Chattopadhyay, Prasenjit Chatterjee, প্রসেনজিৎ চট্টোপাধ্যায়
- Born: September 30, 1962
- Star Sign: Libra
- Birth Place: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Height: 5 feet 8½ inches
- Education: Calcutta Airport English High School (H.S.), St. Xavier’s Collegiate School and
- St. Xavier’s College, Calcutta.
- Profession: Actor,
- Citizenship: India
- Language: Bangla
Family of Prosenjit
- Children: Trishanjit Chatterjee
- Father: Biswajeet Chatterjee
- Mother: Ratna Chatterjee
- Sister: Pallavi Chatterjee, Shambhavi Chatterjee