Cory Joseph is a Canadian professional basketball player for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He plays the point guard position and is also a member of the Canadian national team. Joseph was born in Toronto, Ontario, the youngest of four children of Connie and David Joseph, who was born in Trinidad and Tobago.
As a youth, Joseph and future NBA player Kelly Olynyk played together for the Scarborough Blues club team; their mothers previously played together for the University of Lethbridge. The Blues rarely lost, though one of the losses came against rival Toronto 5–0, led by future NBA MVP Stephen Curry, who briefly lived in Toronto while his father, Dell, played for the Toronto Raptors. On April 16, 2016, Joseph scored a playoff career-high 18 points in a Game 1 loss to the seventh-seeded Indiana Pacers in the first round.
Profile of Cory Joseph
- Full Name: Cory Ephram Joseph
- Birth Date: August 20, 1991
- Birth Place: Toronto, Canada
- Height: 1.91 m
- Current team: Indiana Pacers (#6 / Point guard)
- Salary: 7 million USD (2015)
- Parents: Connie Joseph, David Joseph
- Education: Pickering High School, Ajax, University of Texas at Austin