Mary, Queen of Scots, also known as Mary Stuart or Mary I of Scotland, reigned over Scotland from 14 December 1542 to 24 July 1567. Mary, the only surviving legitimate child of King James V of Scotland, was six days old when her father died and she acceded to the throne.
- Born: December 8, 1542
- Birth Place: Linlithgow Palace, Linlithgow, United Kingdom
- Died: February 8, 1587, Fotheringhay Castle
- Reign: 14 December 1542 – 24 July 1567
- Spouse: James Hepburn, 4th Earl of Bothwell (m. 1567–1578)
- Children: James VI and I, stillborn twin Hepburn
- Parents: Mary of Guise, James V of Scotland