Keanu Reeves was born in Beirut, Lebanon, on 2 September 1964 to Patricia Bond (née Taylor) and Samuel Nowlin Reeves, Jr. After their marriage dissolved, Keanu moved with his mother and younger sister, Kim Reeves, to New York City, then Toronto. Reeves is entitled to British citizenship through his English mother. He holds Canadian citizenship by naturalization. He grew up as a Canadian and identifies as such, and holds an American green card.
Reeves never reconnected with his biological father.
At 16, he was in a Coca-Cola commercial, and featured in the Canadian sitcom Hangin’ In. He first gained attention for his performance in The River’s Edge. Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, and its sequel Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey, brought him international recognition. In the show Entertainment Tonight in 2006, Keanu Reeves has been included in the “Top 10 favorite stars of Americans.” On 31 January 2005 , he received a star on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood .
Family of Keanu Reeves:
- Father: Samuel Nowlin Reeves
- Mother: Patricia Taylor
- Sister: Kim Reeves (actress, b. 1966)
- Father: Paul Aaron (stepfather, stage and TV director)
- Father: Robert Miller (stepfather, music promoter)
- Sister: Karina Miller (half-sister, b. 1976, stage director)
- Father: Jack Bond (stepfather, salon owner)
- Jill Schoelen (actress, together 1986-90)
- Jennifer Syme (d. 2-Apr-2001 auto accident, one daughter stillborn)
- Girlfriend: Autumn Macintosh (actress, together early 1990s)
- Girlfriend: Lynn Collins (actress, together 3mo in 2005)
- Girlfriend: Diane Keaton (actress, together 2005 according to Daily Mail)
- Daughter: Ava Archer Syme-Reeves (stillborn, b. 1999 – from Jennifer Syme)