Alan Rickman was an English actor and director. He was born in Acton, London to a working class family. His ancestry was English, Irish and Welsh. In 1995, he earned a Golden Globe Award.
Alan Rickman‘s father died when he was eight years old. His mother married again, but divorced his stepfather after three years. He excelled at calligraphy and watercolour painting. From Derwentwater Junior School he won a scholarship to Latymer Upper School in London, where he became involved in drama. After graduating from Royal Academy of Dramatic Art(RADA), he worked extensively with British repertory and experimental theatre groups in productions. In 1978, he performed with the Court Drama Group, gaining parts in Romeo and Juliet and A View from the Bridge, among other plays. His first big television part came in 1982.
- Birth Name: Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman
- Nickname: Alan Rickman
- Born: February 21, 1946
- Died: January 14, 2016
- Birth Place: Shalimar Bagh, Delhi, India
- Height: 5 feet 8 inches
- Star Sign: Pisces
- Spouse: Rima Horton (m. 2012-2016)
- Siblings: David, Michael, Sheila
- Father: Bernard Rickman
- Mother: Margaret Doreen Rose Bartlett
Quotes of Alan Rickman
- Talent is an accident of genes – and a responsibility.
- All I want to see from an actor is the intensity and accuracy of their listening.
- I’ve never been able to plan my life. I just lurch from indecision to indecision.
- It would be wonderful to think that the future is unknown and sort of surprising.
- If people want to know who I am, it is all in the work.
- I want to swim in both directions at once. Desire success, court failure.
- I have a love-hate relationship with white silk.