Shaffer Chimere Smith better known by his stage name Ne-Yo, is an American R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actor. In 2004 he wrote “Let Me Love You” for Mario. It was number one in the Billboard Hot 100 for nine weeks. After this, Def Jam Recordings signed him. His debut album, In My Own Words, was released during 2006. Other albums then followed. In 2009, Billboard ranked him as the 57th Artist of the 2000s decade.
Ne-Yo was born in Camden, Arkansas. His father is of African American and Chinese descent, and his mother is African-American. Both his parents were musicians. His mother is Loraine (Parham), who was raised in Bearden, Arkansas. Ne-Yo’s maternal grandfather’s brother, Bobby Parham, is in the band The Dramatic Force.
He is known for songs like “So Sick”, “When You’re Mad”, “Closer”, “Miss Independent”, “Let’s Go” and “Give Me Everything”. The first and last song both reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
He has been married to Crystal Smith since February 20, 2016. They have two children.
- Born: Shaffer Chimere Smith
- Other names: Ne-Yo
- Birth Date: October 18, 1979
- Birth Place: Camden, Arkansas, United States
- Net worth: $16 million
- Height: 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
- Spouse(s): Crystal Renay (m. 2016)
- Partner(s): Monyetta Shaw (2009–13)
- Children: 4
- Occupation(s): Singer, Songwriter, Record producer, Actor, Dancer
- Genres: Pop, R&B, Dance, Soul
- Instruments: Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- Years active: 1998–present
- Labels: Compound, Motown
- Associated acts: Rihanna, Kanye West, Calvin Harris, Keri Hilson, Mariah Carey, 50 Cent, Bridget Kelly, Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Jennifer Hudson, Jamie Foxx, Fabolous, Rick Ross, Jadakiss, Pitbull, Denny Moss, Chris Brown, Afrojack, Trey Songz, T-Pain, LL Cool J, Timbaland, DJ Felli Fell, DJ Khaled
- In My Own Words (2006)
- Because of You (2007)
- Year of the Gentleman (2008)
- Libra Scale (2010)
- R.E.D. (2012)
- Non-Fiction (2013)
More Info: Wiki | IMDb | IG | Twitter | YT