Bethenny Frankel is a renowned American reality television personality, talk show host, author, and entrepreneur. She was born on November 4, 1970 in New York City, New York, USA to Robert J. Frankel (thoroughbred race horse trainer) and Bernadette Birk. Bethenny Frankel is known for her work on Bethenny (2012), Bethenny Ever After (2010) and The Real Housewives of New York City (2008).
Before fame, she started BethennyBakes, a natural foods bakery, after graduating from the Natural Gourmet Culinary Institute. Frankel tapped into her inner drive to break free of her volatile childhood and personal demons.
NAME: Bethenny Frankel
DATE OF BIRTH: November 04, 1970
BIRTHPLACE: Long Island, New York City, New York, United States
Spouse: Jason Hoppy (m. 2010–2014), Peter Sussman (m. 1996–1997)
Parents: Bernadette Birk, Robert J. Frankel
Children: Bryn Hoppy
Her father left when she was only 4 years old, and Frankel’s mother married another horse trainer, John Parisella. Her father, Robert Frankel who is a member of the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame, inducted in 1995, and is a multiple Eclipse Award winner.
Family & Relations:
- Bernadette Birk — Mother
- Robert Frankel — Biological Father
- John Parisella — Stepfather
- Bryn Casey Hoppy — Daughter
- Jason Hoppy — Husband (separated)
- Peter Sussman — Ex-husband
Bethenny Frankel has taken her clothes off for a PETA billboard (anti-fur campaign) in September 2009.
She has been married to Jason Hoppy (a businessman) since March 28, 2010. They have a child (Bryn Hoppy). She was previously married to Peter Sussman in 1996. They divorced in 1997.
Bethenny Frankel has a pooch named Cookie
Bethenny Frankel Facts
- A chance encounter at 19 on an airplane with a producer of the NBC series Saved by the Bell led to a short-term job as a production assistant on the show.
- Did a brief stint on the NBC daytime series Santa Barbara.
- Big-screen debut came in the 1994 mystery-suspense film Hollywood Hills 90028.
- In 2001, completed the Chef’s Training Program at the Natural Gourmet Institute for Health & Culinary Arts in New York, NY.
- Debut reality-show appearance was on NBC’s The Apprentice: Martha Stewart in 2005; was first runner-up in the contest.
- While on Real Housewives of New York City created the phrase “Skinny Girl Margarita” and turned the expression into a successful cocktail, launching the SkinnyGirl brand name.
- Penned a few New York Times best-selling books, including her 2009 debut Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting.
You may follow Her @ Twitter | Instagram