Michael C. Hall is an American actor. He is best known for his excellent acting as Dexter Morgan, a blood-spatter analyst and a serial killer in the Showtime TV series Dexter. He also appeared in another HBO drama series Six Feet Under.
Michael C. Hall born on February 1, 1971, in Raleigh, North Carolina. His father William Carlyle Hall, worked for IBM. His mother Janice Hall, is a mental health counselor at Lees-McRae College. In 1989, he graduated from Ravenscroft School in Raleigh. After that from Earlham College, a liberal arts college in Richmond, Indiana, in 1993. He completed his acting study from New York University’s Graduate Acting Program at the Tisch School of the Arts in 1996.
Michael C. Hall started acting way back in second grade in some school play. After that, he frequently appeared in various stage performances. After that, he started his professional acting career in the theater. Michael played role in several high-ranking plays like Macbeth, Cymbeline, Timon of Athens etc. He also played a part in the Texas Shakespeare Festival the summer of 1995. He still performs at various stage plays.
After that, in 2001, he got a chance in the famous TV series called Six Feet Under. He played the role of David Fisher in this series. Michael C. Hall also nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series and for an AFI Award nomination for Actor of the Year in 2002 for this role. Then he worked in his first movie called Paycheck(2003) as a special agent with Ben Affleck.
After that, Hall co-produced and starred in the famous Showtime TV series Dexter. The show started on October 1, 2006, and ended its run in 2013. His amazing acting skills as a psychopathic blood spatter analyst and a serial killer with Jennifer Carpenter as a supporting role made this series precious. The show Dexter and Michael C. Hall both were also nominated for many awards like Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Drama etc. He also won the 2007 Television Critics Association Award for Individual Achievement in Drama. He also worked in other movies like Gamer(2009), The Trouble with Bliss (2011) etc.
Michael married actress Amy Spanger on May 1, 2002. But they divorced in 2006. After acting in the TV series Dexter together, Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter began dating in 2007. After a year of dating, they eloped on New Year’s Eve of 2008. But after only two years they filed for divorce. Then in December 2011 they divorced officially. But they remained very close friends.
After that, he again started dating Morgan Macgregor in 2012. And they married on February 29, 2016.
- Birth Date: February 1, 1971
- Birth Place: Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.A.
- Height: 5′ 10″
- Parents: William Carlyle Hall, Janice Styons Hall
- Spouse: Morgan Macgregor (m. 2016), Jennifer Carpenter (m. 2008–2011), Amy Spanger (m. 2002–2007)
Filmography of Michael C. Hall
- Six Feet Under(2001-2005)
- Cold in July(2014)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama – 2010 – Dexter
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series – 2010 – Dexter
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series – 2004, 2003 – Six Feet Under
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama – 2007 – Dexter
- TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Drama – 2007 – Dexter
- Drama Desk Special Award – 2014 – The Realistic Joneses, The Open House