Michelle Yvonne Hunziker is a Swiss-Dutch naturalized Italian television hostess, actress, model, and singer. She is one of Italy’s most popular celebrities. She has started working as a model at the age of 17. Michelle Hunziker is best known for Deutschland sucht den Superstar (2002), Wetten, dass..? (1981) and Il più grande spettacolo dopo il weekend (2011). She starred on the successful series La Forza dell’Amore in 1998. She is known for her roles on films such as “Voglio stare sotto al letto” (1999), “The Protagonist” (1999), “Natale in crociera” (2007), “Natale a Rio” (2008) and “Christmas in Beverly Hills” (2009).
Hunziker was born on January 24, 1977 in Sorengo, Ticino, Switzerland, in the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland. She grew up in Ostermundingen, canton of Berne, Switzerland – the same village that Ursula Andress is from. Her mother Ineke is Dutch and her father Rudolf, who died of a heart attack in 2001, was a German-speaking Swiss. He was a painter, but worked as a hotel manager.
Early Life of Michelle Hunziker
In 1983, when she was six, the family moved to Ostermundigen, a suburb of Bern in the German-speaking part of Switzerland. There she had received her elementary education. Later, her parents got divorced and she went with her mother to Solothurn. After moving to Milan with her mother, she decided to become a fashion model and was hired by Riccardo Gay, a renowned agent. Although considered to be both too heavy and short, at 17 she posed for well-known labels such as Armani, Rocco Barocco, La Perla, Colmar, Fuerte Ventura, Lovable and Swish.
In 1990, she hosted a TV series ‘Paperissima Sprint’ and served as a co-host for TV serial ‘Scherzi a parte’ in 1992. When hosting the 2007 edition of Festival di Sanremo (1951), she was sent 500 red roses by Italian soccer player Antonio Cassano.
Personal Life of Michelle Hunziker
Upon becoming a renowned model, she met the famous Italian singer, Eros Ramazzotti, and fell in love with him. The couple got married in 1998. They separated in 2002 and they have one daughter together, Aurora Sophie (born 5 December 1996).
After her separation from Ramazzotti, she made a romantic affair with producer Luigi De Laurentiis Jr.. They met on the set of Natale in crociera (2007). Their relation did not continue longer. And she engaged with Tomaso Trussardi, the current head and CEO of the renowned Italian fashion house, Trussardi. They married in 2013, and together they have two daughters, Sole (born on Oct 9, 2013) and Celeste (born on March 8, 2015).
Name: Michelle Hunziker
Birth Date: January 24, 1977
Birth Place: Sorengo, Ticino, Switzerland
Currently Residing: Italy
Nationality: Italian, Swiss
Family of Michelle Hunziker
Spouse(s): Tomaso Trussardi (10 October 2014 – present) (2 children); Eros Ramazzotti (24 April 1998 – 25 March 2009) (divorced) (1 child)
Children: Aurora Hunziker-Ramazzotti, Sole Trussardi, Celeste Trussardi
Parents: Rudolf Hunziker, Ineke Hunziker
Michelle Hunziker Quotes
- I find that one must accept the people in such a way as they are.
- We look in… Germany for a superstar. We began with 10,000 people, which applied. From these 10,000, 100 was selected. The jury is unbelievably competent.
- I had the luck that my parents educated me in three languages. With my mother I spoke Dutch, with my father Italian, and in the school I learned German. But my host language is Italian.
- I had hoped that he has mouth smell or something other repelling, but nothing! It was even charming.
- I have had only two men in four years while he appears every week on the newspapers with another woman.
- I find it very beautiful to work in different countries because I see the mentality differences there. It is so rich, one always carries forward something.
- If I go to Germany, I learn something in addition. The German television is very precise and respectable. One has never stress. In Italy it is more dynamic. But I amuse myself madly in both countries.
- One says also, it is one of the most faithful men in Hollywood, and makes again more interesting it equal.
Filmography & television roles of Michelle
- 1990 – Paperissima Sprint – TV series – Host
- 1992 – Scherzi a parte – TV series – Co-Host
- 1996 – I misteri di Cascina Vianello – TV series – Gaia – 1 episode: “Un matrimonio e un funerale” (1.01)
- 1998 – La forza dell’amore – TV mini-series – Tiziana
- 1999 – Voglio stare sotto al letto – Paola
- 2000 – Erstes Glück – TV series – Host
- 2000 – Alex l’ariete – Antavleva Bottazzi
- 2003 – Ancient Warriors – Kim
- 2004 – Love Bugs – Female lead
- 2007 – Natale in crociera – Michela Bacci
- 2008 – Natale a Rio – Linda Vita