Gracy Singh, an Indian Bollywood & Tamil film actress. She is a unique combination of star quality and a girl next door appeal. With amazing hits to her name, she has carved a name for herself in the field of acting and dance.
She is best known for her role as Gauri which is she had played with Aamir Khan in Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India. That was one of the super hit movies of Bollywood with a nice story in 2001. She also worked with Sanjay Dutt on Munna Bhai M.B.B.S., a 2003 Indian comedy-drama film directed by Rajkumar Hirani. Gracy Singh was nominated for a Filmfare Best Debut Actress Award in 2002.
Gracy Singh was born on 20 July 1980 in New Delhi, India. Brought up in Delhi, in a traditional Sikh family; Gracy’s passion for acting and dance goes back to her school days.
Singh began her career touring with the dance group “The Planets”. Her first acting role was in the television soap, Amanat. Gracy Singh was offered the role of “Sapna” in the 2003 movie Qayamat: City Under Threat (starred by Ajay Devgan) but turned it down because it required her to wear revealing clothes.
Gracy Singh is a trained classical dancer having studied Bharatanatyam and Odissi dancer.
- Name: Gracy Singh
- Other names: Gracy
- Born: 20 July 1980
- Birth Place: New Delhi, India
- Star Sign: Cancer
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches
- Profession: Actress
- Citizenship: India
- Language: Hindi, English, Punjabi
- Father: Sawaran Singh
- Mother: Verjinder Kaur
- Hu Tu Tu (1999)
- Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain (1999)
- Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001)
- Santosham (2002)
- Tappu Chesi Pappu Koodu (2002)
- Pehli Nazar Ka Pehla Pyaar: Love at First Sight (2003)
- Armaan (2003)
- Gangaajal (2003)
- Munnabhai M.B.B.S. (2003)
- Muskaan (2004)
- Shart: The Challenge (2004)
- Wajahh: A Reason to Kill (2004)
- The White Land (2005)
- Yehi Hai Zindagi (2005)
- Chooriyan (2007)
- Lakh Pardesi Hoiye (2008)
- Deshdrohi (2008)
- Chanchal (2008)
- Meghave Meghave (2009)
- Dekh Bhai Dekh (2009)
- Aseema: Beyond Boundaries (2009)
- Ramdev (2009)
- Loudspeaker (2009)
- Rama Rama Krishna Krishna (2010)
- Milta Hai Chance By Chance (2011)
- Dangerous Ishhq (2012)
- Gracy was in the dance group “The Planets” along with Ronica Jacobs. She performed/toured with them for 2-3 years. It was during one of the shows that she was introduced Sanjiv Bhattacharya and got her first acting job as “Dinky” in the soap opera Amaanat.
- During her screen test for Lagaan, Gracy was asked to dance to the song “Hothon pe aisi baat”, which was originally played by Vyjanthimala in the film Jewel Thief.
- Was offered the role of “Sapna” in Qayamat: City Under Threat (2003) but turned it down because it required her to wear revealing clothes. Neha Dhupia later got that role.
- Was supposed to star in a Hindi film called “Dil Dhadke Bar Bar” along with Amisha Patel and Karan Nath that was supposed to be released in 2003 and directed by Anees
- Bazmee.However, the project never developed further.
- In Cuttak, Orissa, India filming for her new Bengali movie “Aseema – Beyond Boundaries”. [September 2007]
- In Nepal filming her new Kannada movie “Meghave Meghave” [August 2007]
- Starred in the shelved film “Gandhi Se Pehle Gandhi”. Starring Samir Kocchar, Gracey Singh. Directed by Iqbal Durrani. The film was based on freedom fighter Bisra Mundra.
- She is perhaps the only actress who rejected movies and disappeared. She did it in Hindi, she did it in Telugu. It can mean only things. That she is in peace or is terribly messed up.
- She is perhaps the only actress who rejected movies and disappeared. She did it in Hindi, she did it in Telugu.
- Starred in Ripple’ shelved film ” Hum Bhi Kush Tum Bhi Kush “. Starring Anil Kapoor Saif Ali Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Gracy Singh. This was in 2003. It was about a village girl (Priyanka) who falls in love with a superstar actor (Saif Ali Khan) and goes to the city to find him. That is when she meets Anil Kapoor.